Sample Extemp Topics
March 14th, 2005
1. Should internet journalists be required to identify their sources in the Apple trade secrets case?
2. Is enough being done to protect judges from litigants?
3. Are the economic incentives to Iran enough to make the government give up on nuclear programs?
4. Is the PRC's passage of an anti-Taiwanese secession law a sign of more relations?
5. MGM vs. Grokster: Are the plaintiffs merely trying to stop piracy or are they attempting to strangle innovation?
6. Will a ruling in favor of gay marriage in California drive renewed efforts for a federal marriage amendment?
7. Will Terri Schiavo's feeding tube be removed?
8. Should Ward Churchill resign?
9. Can Firefox outfox IE?
10. Can Iraq overcome an impasse over the new government?
11. Will there be a Lebanese rebellion against Syrian troops in Lebanon?
12. Should reports of melting glaciers compel the United States to take measures to reduce their emissions of global warming gases?
13. Can former NAACP President Kweisi Mfume win the US Senate seat of outgoing Sen. Paul Sarbanes?
14. Is Europe still a major target for terrorism?
15. Will reforms in bankruptcy law harm middle class Americans?