Sample Extemp Topics
August 15th, 20051. Will Mozilla Firefox continue to force Microsoft to improve Internet Explorer?
2. Has the nomination of John Roberts to the Supreme Court of the United States finally galvanized the Democratic Party?
3. Should NASA abandon the space shuttle program?
4. Will Prime Minister Koizumi ever fully acknowledge Japanese atrocities during World War II?
5. Is Bill Richardson's announcement of a state of emergency in New Mexico a political ploy?
6. Can Pope Benedict XVI help renew Christian faith in Europe?
7. Can the United States and Europe avoid a Iran acquiring nuclear weapons?
8. Will California's Proposition 75 castrate the political power of labor unions?
9. Will the pullout of settlers in the Gaza Strip help Israeli Palestinian relations?
10. Could the failure to create a politically popular Iraqi Constitution aid the violence in Iraq?
11. Has the protest of Cindy Sheehan permanently hurt President Bush's polling numbers?
12. Has the economy of the United States finally recovered from 9/11 and the dot-com bubble?
13. Should the theory of Intelligent Design be taught in public classrooms?
14. Did President Bush make the right decision by making a recess appointment of John Bolton to the United Nations?
15. Do the comments of Mexican President Vincente Fox and the Memin Penguin postage stamp demonstrate widespread racism in Mexico?
16. Can opponents of illegal immigration enlist black Americans to their movement?
17. The AFL-CIO split: Good for labor or a dream for big business?
18. Central American Free Trade Agreement: Good idea or merely a boon for corporations?
19. Was Christopher Cox the right choice for the SEC?
20. Has the the Sarbanes-Oxley Act failed?
21. Does the Afghan government have the power to stop Taliban militants?