Sample Extemp Topics
September 28, 2006
1. Will Thai Coup d'État be successful?
2. Will disputes over the election of Ali Abdullah Saleh in Yemen encourage election reforms?
3. Did Bill Clinton receive appropriate criticism in his Fox News interview?
4. Has Hugo Chavez's remarks about Bush galvanized opposition to the Chavez regime?
5. Does Jacob Zuma have a chance of succeeding Mbeki now that his corruption suit was dismissed?
6. Will the conclusions in the National Intelligence Estimate aid critics of the administration's Iraq policy?
7. Does the compromise legislation on the interrogation of terror suspects provide a good balance of security and liberty?