Sample Extemp Topics
November 8, 2004
1. Bush's political capital: How will he spend it?
2. Will Arafat falling into a coma make peace talks comatose?
3. Can the Democratic Party recover from the defeat of Tom Daschle?
4. Karl Rove: Has the 'architect' created a GOP dynasty?
5. Has Sen. Arlen Specter jeopardized his winning the chair of the judiciary committee due to his comments on overturning Roe v. Wade?
6. How important was the role of evangelical Christians in Republican victories in 2004?
7. What will be the impact of the re-election of President Bush be on US relations with Europe?
8. Is the declaration of martial law in Iraq evidence of chaos?
9. Will California's stem cell research bond cause further backlash against Bush's restriction on stem cell research?
10. Who are the frontrunners for the 2008 presidential election?
11. Will the release of Mozilla Firefox finally bring Open Source software to the masses?
12. Does the Darfur crisis now need outside intervention?
13. Should a recent report of increased global warming cause increased demand for global warming controls?
14. Will the killing of Chechen rebels escalate to further violence?
15. Will special interests doom the efforts of the Bush Administration to simply the tax code?