Sample Extemp Topics
November 15, 20051. Has the public rebuke of Sony's controversial XCP software permanently damaged the public acceptance of digital copy protection schemes?
2. Who should control the central infrastructure for the internet?
3. Has Tony Blair lost his influence over his own Labour Party?
4. Has the public discontent between Hugo Chavez and George W. Bush driven a lasting wedge between Mexico and Venezuela?
5. The Medicare drug plan: Boon for senior citizens or simply a fiscal boondoggle?
6. Can Democratic victories in this this November's elections translate into victories in the 2006 elections?
7. Is science devolving in Kansas?